Window Perf is an adhesive-backed, perforated synthetic substrate with full color printing on one side. It is designed to let you put your printed message on a window visible from the outside but still be able to see out from the inside. You can use it on architectural glass and side or rear automotive windows. For automotive use, please check local regulations. Window Perf comes in a range of sizes from 1′ x 1′ to 150′ by 53″ (inches) and can be laminated. If using Window Perf for an automobile, we highly recommend lamination to keep dirt out of the holes.
Be sure to check local zoning and vehicle codes before applying.
Because of the wide potential size range of our large format products, there are additional file setup considerations. Proofs are typically shown half size. For other details, please review the file setup section carefully.
Due to material, all substrates may expand or shrink from batch to batch, which makes exact cuts very difficult. We do not recommend borders. If you would like borders, please make sure they are at least 2″ thick. We will not reprint if the borders are not exactly the same on all sides after cutting.
Customer must supply appropriately sized print ready art for any images and logos they wish to use on the product. Editing of customer supplied artwork will be at an additional cost.
Window Perf is designed to let you put your printed message on a window visible from the outside but still be able to see out from the inside. You can use it on architectural glass or automotive glass. Your advertising doesn’t have to block your view to get the message out.
Our standard sizes, listed below, are the most popular in the industry:
Available in custom sizes ranging from 1′ x 1′ up to 150′ wide x 53″ high.
50/50 Perforated Adhesive
Great for both outdoor and indoor use, Window Perf is designed to display a printed image viewed from the outside while still allowing people on the inside to see through the window. The adhesive is strong enough to hold the display in place without leaving excessive residue upon removal.
Check local laws before applying to a vehicle.
Lamination helps protect the design of your window perf from the elements without taking away from the impact of your design.
Two options of lamination are available, so you can control the look and texture of your window perf:
- No Lamination
- 1.5 mil Gloss Lamination
Full color (cyan, magenta, yellow, and black as above) on the front and no printing on the back.
In order to ensure your files are print-ready, we recommend that you upload them in PDF format. When you generate a print-ready PDF, your computer will use the settings in Adobe Acrobat Distiller or any other PDF generating programs you may use. Please make sure that these are set properly before generating your PDF file.
We also accept .JPG (JPEG), .EPS and .TIF (TIFF) file types, however PDF is the preferred format.
Check your file to make sure it meets our file creation guidelines. This will help speed up the production of your project and give your printed piece the best results.
- Use the CMYK colorspace (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, blacK). These are industry standard printing colors. CMYK colors are different than RGB (Red, Green, Blue), which are used to display colors on your screen.
- Use a minimum resolution of 300 dpi for image files.
- Specify trim area with crop marks. (Don’t place crop marks inside the work area.)
- Artwork should have 1/8″ (0.125″) bleed extending past the trim line. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge.
- Safe Area is the 1/8″ (0.125″) area inside the trim line. Do not put critical information or images within the Safe Area. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge.
- If you want printed borders, they must be placed a minimum of 1/8″ (0.125″) inside the trim line and include bleed. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge.